Specification EI 1581 6th Edition, Category C
Separator elements are used as the second stage of a high-performance separation in filter/water separators. After emergence from the coalescer, aviation fuels pass through the pores of the separator element while water droplets are repelled by the hydrophobic separator surface. Water droplets settle into the filter/water separator sump to be drained off.
FAUDI Aviation’s elements are available with a Teflon®-coated screen or synthetic mesh. Separator elements with a Teflon®-coated screen can be reused after a cleaning during coalescer element changeouts. Small areas of damage can be repaired. It is recommended that separator elements with a synthetic mesh are replaced during coalescer changeouts.
- Qualification: EI 1581 6th Edition, Category C
- Flow direction: Out-to-in
- Service time (max.): 120 months* / 36 months*
- Storage time (max.): 60 months*
- Operating temperature: -30 °C (-22 °F) / Max. 80° C (176° F)
*Manufacturer recommendation (Difference in Teflon® / synthetic mesh)
- Gaskets: NBR (Buna-N)
- End caps: Polyamide, glass fiber reinforced / Stainless steel
- Labeling: According to EI specification